Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 CQ WW 160m DX Contest - Missing

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 CQ WW 160m DX Contest - Missing
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:07:53 -0600
Dave, Dave, Dave...

I would care. Others would care. The CQWW committee would care...

151 Watts would be unsportsmanlike and definitely would fall into the class of
cheating if the operator claimed Low Power. You don't want to get that
"cheating" thread all fired up again, now, do you? Heck, a little beady-eyed
QRPer might think he could even run 151 Watts and get away with claiming qrp
class! And that extra Watt of energy might be enough to raise your signal out
of the noise and capture the one extra contact or multiplier, solidifying your
squeak-ahead winning entry. It's just not fair to those limiting themselves to
149.9 Watts of power.

And Rick... nope, in the Grand wisdom style of the CQWW rulemakers, they have
provided a definite "buffer zone" between LP and HP classes. Just try running
150 Watts and see what happens. Disqualification, I am afraid. It's clearly
stated in the rules! Sorry, you cannot run 150 Watts. Period.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN