Re: [CQ-Contest] Getscores, 3830, and cherrypicking

To: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>,"CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Getscores, 3830, and cherrypicking
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:04:20 -0800
At 10:24 AM 1/18/2008, Richard DiDonna NN3W wrote:
>As has been joked about quite often, there is concern that 3830,
>while being the de facto claimed scores board for most all major
>(and minor contests), has unfortunately become a menu board for
>entry category selection.

Since I'm in the process of revising the 3830 score posting system,
NN3W's post inspires a couple of questions:

1) If you had the ability to selectively delay the posting of your
claimed score until after the log submission deadline, would you use
this feature? In other words, you could fill out the form any time,
but your posting would not be publicly available until after the log
submission deadline if you clicked on the appropriate check box on the form.

2) Would the number of contesters using the 3830 system be less,
more, or the same if this delayed posting functionality was available?

Thanks for your input.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)