[CQ-Contest] It's not what contesting can do for you but what youcan do

To: "'CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] It's not what contesting can do for you but what youcan do for contesting
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:22:34 -0700
This is mostly to the top ops who feel that live scoreboards are going
to negatively impact their efforts.

Since there seems to be a great reluctance on the part of many big guns
and multi's to embrace the scoreboard I would like to know what reasons
you have for not supporting a live scoreboard.

Shouldn't our goal be to get as many hams into contesting as possible or
would more competitors possibly hurt ones chances to win?

If not the scoreboard what do you propose to bring more people into
contesting?

It seems that many are afraid of change and upsetting their apple carts.

How about getting more people excited about what we love?

Maybe the big guns who win all the time don't want any change.