Re: [CQ-Contest]Self-spotting, arranged QSO's and the CQ 160 ÃÂcontest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest]Self-spotting, arranged QSO's and the CQ 160 ÃÂcontest
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:21:24 -0600 (CST)
I don't see a problem with requests like this.

It's one thing to say "Look for me" or "Hope you work me" etc.

But it's quite another thing to say "I'll meet you on 14.175 as 2200 Z on
Saturday, 21.275 at 1800 Z on Sunday..." etc.  Or "Keep an eye on the cluster
around 1700 Z, I will be on 40 meters then."  Or "I'll email you my exact time
and frequency."  Or anything containing specific information along these lines.

Wishing a fellow contester well & hoping for good luck is one thing.  Making
specific detailed arrangements in advance is quite another.

And before Mal says it -- yes, I know it goes on all the time.  That doesn't
make it right.  And when we catch one of our contesting peers doing it, we have
(IMHO YMMV) the right to tell them to knock it off.

73