Re: [CQ-Contest] 160m contest and chat-room

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160m contest and chat-room
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:09:14 +0100
DL5MAE: A very nice summary of the new digital EME era you find at:
www.blog.sm2cew.com

Chat-room was new technology for me in the recent CQ WW 160m CW contest.
Net gain - one mult!

EME program written by Nobel winner K1JT uses all the knowledge of DSP
including optional
data-base of active station callsigns which provides paramount prior
knowledge.

It is up to the operator to decide how to use it in the rare cases of false
detection of weak signals!

Super-Check-Partial has been used for a long time in HF contests.
It brings great results to dominant Runers.
DX Cluster only helps in search&pounce mode.

I am more concerned about remote internet RX abuse!
I suspect whole HF bands were passed over SAT links recently.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU