Re: [CQ-Contest] Prefixes in WPX

To: "'Don Cassel'" <ve3xd@rogers.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Prefixes in WPX
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:02:09 -0500
Simple.  The treaty between the US and Canada that permits "instant
reciprocity" mandates that the location modifier must follow the call sign.
At the time the treaty was signed, the "slant location" always followed the
call, so VO1HE/W4 or W4TV/VO1 or KB3HVN/HI8 was the norm.

Things have changed, and now we use the location modifier first.  But until
the treaty is updated, it takes precedence over convention.

73, ron w3wn