Re: [VHFcontesting] September VHF contest results in QST before on Web

To: k1ep@mgef.org
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] September VHF contest results in QST before on Web
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:36:17 -0700
Ed - Thanks for the reply.
> On Feb 14, 2008, at 3:22 AM, Ed Parish K1EP wrote:
>
> "...the "philosophy" is that they don't want the results on the web
> to be out significantly before the printed magazine.  The detail is
> when.  A few days before?  A few days after?  That wasn't clear.
> But I think it was conveyed that the results won't be immediately
> out when they available, they have to follow to some degree, the
> publishing schedule of QST.  So don't expect them to be out far in
> advance of QST, but I would expect them to be out at this time."

This would appear to be somewhat in conflict with the FAQ posted when
the publishing of line scores on the Web instead of QST became formal
policy:

< http://www.arrl.org/contests/contest-faq.html >

which states:

"We are still working on the schedule, but in general, the results
should be available to ARRL members about 4 months after the end of
the event."

According to this schedule the results should have been available on
the web in late January.

It seems to me that nothing is gained by waiting until after the QST
is distributed to publish the line scores on the web. - Duffey
--
James Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008