[CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:23:15 -0800
Just when I thought I had heard it all in an ARRL CW DX Contest.

On 15m PY5/OK5MM sent me 5NN AK ... what a DUMB CUT NUMBER and UNNECESSARY
source of confusion.

AK is the mult designation for Alaska which I know well (and should have been
for this event).

I had never heard AK as a power multiplier before.  ATT and K and others yes,
but IMHO, a AK is a real DUMB CUT NUMBER to use for One Kilowatt.  It took an
extra two minutes to re-connect with him to FINALLY get an explanation in WATTS.

Confusion is NOT a good thing.  Why do people do this???  Gimme a good old
fashioned 5NN KW any day.

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;-(

73...

Rick, K6VVA