Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:00 -0500
Sorry Tony, I don't agree, since hams have always used abbreviations.  If you
were using an ARRL numbered message, say #46, then when you filled out the
Radiogram you would print out "Greetings on your birthday and best wishes for
many more to come."  You wouldn't just print #46, it wouldn't mean anything to
the recipient.  We have brains to decode abbreviations, let's use them, or ask
for fills or clarification.

73, Gerry  K8GT

---- Tony Rogozinski <trogo@telegraphy.com> wrote:

Seems to me that you copy what is sent?????????  I don't care what the DX
station sends me as the exchange - that's what goes in the
log - It's not my job to interpret what they are trying to say.  I don't think
any of the logging programs refuse to accept letters in the
power field but I could be wrong.

Tony
W4OI/HK1AR

Message: 3