Re: [CQ-Contest] cut numbers and QRP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut numbers and QRP
From: "Steve Harrisonusa" <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:21:10 -0500 (EST)
>And the station this past weekend sending "5NN NNN" felt it
>meant "599 999" for the standard signal report and 999 watts.

........ And I rember working dozens of those, all the way back into the
early '70s.

What's so unusual bout it???????  "N" has LONG been known to represent "9"
when used in a signal report or contest exchange.

I'm starting to think a lot of this moaning n' groaning bout cut numbers,
and changing the various rules to outlaw or require them, is mainly
individual kibitzing by guys who got "snookered" and just weren't quick
enuf on the Brain to pick it up  ;o\  Haven't seen many complaints by
those who had no or little trouble with them, for example  ;o)

Steve, K0XP