Re: [CQ-Contest] Dumbing-Down Contests?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dumbing-Down Contests?
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:03:46 -0800
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:11:30 -0600 "Robert Chudek - K0RC"
<k0rc@pclink.com> writes:
> Okay, you guys made me go dig out my old logbooks...
>
> I think this was Field Day on June 26, 1965 I operated SSB and both
> gave and
> received "honest" reports.
>
> At 1811z I received a 47 from WA2QKG in New York and I have never
> been able
> to get over that!

this last ARRLDX on 160 i have particullarly good run (10 stations in an
hour), and i would have given out some "139s" if one was giving out
actual RSTs.

at my house 449 is a LOUD signal

but 5NN is used as a confirmation at the other end, almost nobody sends C
or RR (some send TU), so 5NN does have a usefullness in my estimation

mike w7dra