Re: [CQ-Contest] Dumbing-Down Contests?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dumbing-Down Contests?
From: "hank k8dd" <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:48:30 -0500
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com> wrote:

> The difference is that users were locked in to sending 599
> in every QSO.  Even if they wanted to send something else,
> it wouldn't let them.

Not true .....  You could send 579, or anything you want to send, with
every QSO.  Problem with that is (and I've seen it happen when an op
gets a non-599) the operator will beat the heck out of the space bar trying
to get it to stop on RST rcvd.
Now that's not true with the more experienced ops, like you find here, but
it can be a common problem with the sleep deprived, robot like rookies.
With the exception of those subscribed here of course.

But enough beating the dead horse .... or the 5NN horse.

73    Hank    K8DD

--

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.' -anon