[CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you
From: "James Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:55:33 -0500
"When someone asks you to verify your power, or a serial number -- like "5w?"
or "1239" never just send "R" -- it's much more fun to resend your power or
serial number a few times." -- N4ZR

Exactly! Never use one one word when you can use five! Better yet, send your
power several ways, like 100, ATT, 1TT, and let the recipient figure it out for
herself.

Pete, thanks for the nice feedback, but I am not "god," just an editor.

The correct affirmative CW response to a question is the letter "C." I learned
this as a 13-year-old Novice, and later figured out that "C" refered so "si,"
which is Spanish for "yes." A cut word, I guess. Man, this was a lot of
information to absorb when my brain was still forming.

When I was a serious CW travffic handler as a teen-ager, I learned to, when the
other guy stood by after sending a message, send one DIT to indicate I had
copied the message and was ready for another. I learned this from an OT with
whom I had an after-school schedule; Russ, W0BDR, who sent perfect code with a
bug, was blind, and copied traffic on a Braille writer.

Jim Cain, K1TN