Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:48:43 +0500
> Chuck,
>
> You're still confused?  OK. Let's try it this way.
>
> W3WH (who doesn't live that far from me) worked VP6DX on 12 meters.  (Not
> contest QSO, incidently!)  I didn't.
>
> With an open log, it is child's play for me, should I have been so
> inclined
> (and I'm not), to look up the exact time of the QSO and claim that they
> actually worked me.  Further, with an open log, I can even look up
> adjoining
> QSO's to "prove" that it was actually me.

You can achieve the same by just listening to W3WH QSO and a bit before and
after that.
I am really glad the logs of CQWW participants are published on the web
now.That makes me trust contest results and gives a lot of useful info when
analyzing my UBN. It also expose cheaters to the public and allow scrutiny
of their logs to anyone. I hope other contest sponsors will follow. I do not
mind DXCC protecting the integrity of their program but not at the expense
of contest organizers who try to make their contests more interesting.

Just IMHO

73, Igor U9CDC
73, Igor UA9CDC