Re: [CQ-Contest] Where Do We Get Off Doing This?

To: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where Do We Get Off Doing This?
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:39:31 -0500
Dale,

Interesting you should mention this...and use Tennessee as an example! <g>

I had the same thoughts on Friday evening while playing around in the contest.
So I decided on a
little experiment.  For a while I just said "5-9 Tennessee".  The typical
response to this was
"Tennessee...Tango-November?"  Ok, I turned it around, "5-9 Tango-November" to
which the typical
response was "Tango-November...Tennessee?"  Go figure!!

It did seem that in countries where English was more widely spoken, "Tennessee"
was understood more
often.  And the reverse, countries where English was less widely spoken,
"Tango-November" generally
worked.  Naturally, I had the fewest repeats while using the combination,
"Tennessee,
Tango-November".

73, Ted W4NZ
in Tennessee, that's Tango-November