Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs - one more voice

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <bdaniels01@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs - one more voice
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:56:30 +0500
> Now if a contest sponsor ever insisted that only QSO’s with stations
> submitting logs would count in their contest – then I would understand not
> QSLing unless I entered my log – that as you said would be reciprocal.
>

> 73 Bob K8KWT

Hi Bob,
That is exactly the case with almost all the  Russian contests including
international contests and at least some of the EU contests. They only count
QSO if the corresponding log is submitted. I do not support such an approach
myself but their argument is that QSO is a 2 way process and can only be
verified and found valid when both logs show the same information.

73, Igor UA9CDC