Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs in 2008 Russian DX Contest

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs in 2008 Russian DX Contest
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:39:47 -0700
It seems like the Russian DX Contest has a couple of good ideas:

* Open logs
* Explicit prohibition against self-spotting
* Explicit prohibition against using multiple call signs to support one score
* Appropriate penalties for errors in the logs

And some really, really _bad_ ideas:

* No real single operator categories
* Recommending that QRP stations sign /QRP
* No remote control stations allowed for any reason

I've never operated the RDXC before, and I'm not sure what it would take
for me to develop an interest in it, but without a true single operator
category, and falling so close between two more important phone
contests (ARRL DX and CQ WPX) it's just not that enticing.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:49:17AM +0100, Peter Voelpel wrote:
> Bad news: they want qrp stations to sign call/qrp.
> That is not allowed in Germany.
> Only /m, /mm, /am and /p is possible
>
> 73
> Peter