[CQ-Contest] 73 Magazine Single Band Cahmpionships Was Searchable Online

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 73 Magazine Single Band Cahmpionships Was Searchable Online CQ Archive
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:52:51 -0500
Don, N5LZ was a good memory about the 73 Magazine Single Band Championships
back around 1987.

I remember operating the 40 meter contest for the first 24 hours and then
the 80 meter contest the 2nd 24 hours.  The activity was good and it was a
lot of fun!

After winning the US for the 80 meter contest, I was disappointed not to
receive my certificate.

After a few months, I called 73 Magazine to inquire about the award and was
told that the awards had been sent out and I should receive mine shortly.

After a few more months, I was at Dayton and saw 73 Magazine employee I
previously spoke with on the telephone.

He said that all the awards had been sent out, but since I told him
that I had not received mine, he would personally make sure that another
would be sent out when he got back from Dayton.  But he said it with such a
smirk and brush-off, I could tell he was lying.

Naturally, I never received anything from 73 Magazine, and another telephone
message to that person was not returned.

I had been considering a subscription to the magazine, but was so
appalled at how they handled such a simple matter for a contest they
promoted, it was an easy decision to do without them.

I'm not surprised they passed into history shortly after.  They got what
they deserved.

73
Bob KQ2M