Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:50:55 +0100
From: "Steve London" <n2icarrl@gmail.com>

<snip>

> and let's say that speaking "five-nine" adds 1 second to
> each QSO. That gave you an extra 2547 seconds of operating
> time, compared to an equivalent station/operator who sent
> the signal report with every QSO. Using your average
> rate of 98 QSOs/hour, that gave you 70 extra QSO's.

SSB contesters know that it pays to speak fast.  I'm a
casual contester and even I can say "five-nine" three
times a second - especially when I do it properly as
"fini" where each syllable rhymes with "pie".

By not mindlessly repeating "fini" 2547 times, 4O3A could
save the time to work an extra 24 QSOs.

> A few contesters on this list will applaud your ingenuity.

It's not ingenious.  It's common sense.

73,
Paul EI5DI