[CQ-Contest] WPX exchange - 4O3A decision

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX exchange - 4O3A decision
From: "4O3A" <yt6a@cg.yu>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 13:07:52 +0200
Hi guys,

After long and sometimes bothering discussion about this subject my final
opinion and decision is :

1. 4O3A did not brake rules in any segments, at all. It is written that we
have to exchange RS(T) plus serial number, and 4O3A did it on one simple,
shortest way possible. It is not written you have to say - Five Nine
clearly, or to shortcut or whatever. Having log lines with same data ( 59,
59 ) confirm that both station understood RS and make logging with default
value. Everybody who did contesting clearly understand that and many
contesters did the same. No  problem with that.

2. 4O3A did more fairly than most of competitors broadcasting whole contest
in real time. It was done with goal to make contesting more open, and to
help beginners to learn more quickly and easily.

But when I take the center stage in this way, I have to operate perfectly
because will be a role model for those who are listening myself. This is
main point. Just because of that I will send my log as checklog, and
hopefully expect few benefits of that in future:

1. WPX CC will remove RS from exchange report in rules, as it does not have
sense anyhow. Then we will not have silly problem in future. My proposal is
to remove it from 2009.

2. Contest community will be focused on repression of real cheating in
future and can use my trait as good example and reference for - No excuse!

3. I support idea in general to have open logs immediately after dead line
in all contests. Also broadcasting, live scoreboard and similar.

I received many emails of contesters world wide, and clearly understand
opinion of majority - ignore stupidity and to send my log, as I didn't make
anything to be shamed about. Someone will criticize me, but I think my
decision is right, even it's against my interest. I want to keep my
contesting to be fun, not question of dead or a live.

See you in WPX CW - listen 4O3A live again. I can win anyhow, even giving
RST twice.Hi!

73
Ranko