Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: don.field@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:26:34 +0200
Yes Ken, but sending CW by hand is just as much an "amateur" skill as
receiving CW and we let that one go years ago. This is what is driving me
mad - the debate is so inconsistent. Paul EI5DI keeps saying much the same
thing, that amateurs have copied CW by ear from the earliest days. But they
also sent it by hand too, rather than letting a PC (machine) do the work My
point was that there is no "natural" point at which we draw the line - a
proper debate is required, not just kneejerk reactions.

 Don G3XTT