Re: [CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using "skimmer"are ther

To: <Jimk8mr@aol.com>, <w0yk@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using "skimmer"are there?
From: "Pat Hoppe" <phoppe@wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 08:27:57 -0500
As a very small time contester, I would also disagree with requiring an
audio recording.  If there is that much cheating going on, I suggest that
the contest organizers require that every station that wants to submit a
log, must a an "official referee" sit next to them as they operate.  <grin>

At what point did we forget this is a hobby?  Something we do for fun.  I
know that I'll hear about how much time and money folks put into their
contest stations to make them competitive...  I come back to my question -
At what point did we forget this is still a hobby?

There will always be people looking for the easy way to accomplish things.
The skimmer is just one more example.  It sounds like "assisted" operation
to me.  Let's call it that and move on.  The operative phrase is "move on".

We have 3 major QP's this week-end; INQP, NEQP, and the 7th Call district,
plus the county hunters contest.  I haven't seen much traffic talking about
those contests.  As contesters, shouldn't we be making plans, discussing
mobile routes, ect?  Instead, all the bandwidth is spent rehashing this
topic.

Back to checking antennas for this week-end...

Pat
WW9R