[CQ-Contest] Contest results

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest results
From: "Roberts, Will" <will.roberts@pgnmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:04:18 -0400
Personally I don't have a problem with the results coming out months
after a contest. Most all contest sponsors rely on volunteers to do the
thankless job of adjudicating logs. In the event that they may a life
outside of contesting, 3-6 months between contest and publication of
results doesn't seem to unreasonable. Even though most contesters submit
computerized logs, a lot of time is spent on cleaning up log problems as
well as hand entering log info from those who still log on paper.

I'd rather look at the 3830 site results right after the contest anyway.
Most of the time the standings don't change a lot and it's more
meaningful to me while the contest is fresh in my mind.

73,

Will AA4NC / W4MR