Re: [CQ-Contest] rules

To: <eric@k3na.org>, Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] rules
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:02:40 -0600
I oon't usually like the "me too" posts... but this one seems to hit the
nail...directly...
with no side effects.... and doesn't offend me... has all the positive needed,
no negative.
Way to go Eric!--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:10:31
-0400> From: eric@k3na.org> To: k5zd@contesting.com> CC:
cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] rules> > Hi Randy et al --> >
We are seeing a blizzard of rules proposals and counter-proposals. > But we
don't actually know if there is a "problem" yet with CW skimmers.> > Rather
than changing rules, let's do this:> > 1. For the next two years, when
reporting a score, also answer this > question:> "Did you use a CW Skimmer or
its equivalent?"> This question applies to all entrants: single op and
multi-op.> > 2. Publish the line scores with a mark indicating the answer to
that > question.> > 3. In 2010 June, review the results of the past two years
to determine> a) Does the use of a CW skimmer have a material impact on
scores?> b) If yes, do the award categories need to be changed in some way? >
Or is disclosure sufficient?> > -- Eric K3NA>