Re: [CQ-Contest] SDR/Skimmer on another continent = REMOTE RECEIVER

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SDR/Skimmer on another continent = REMOTE RECEIVER
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:44:21 +0000
Spots on the packet network can not be 'all callsigns copied', that would be
useless and defeat the purpose of the network for everyone.  Why would you
want to send spots around the world of stations that are calling in someone
else's pileup, that's just a dumb idea.  As for those stations that skimmer
finds that are calling cq, how would you intend to tell if they were spotted
by a skimmer or human?  The -# the skimmer telnet server adds is an invalid
ssid, just like the -@ for dxsummit spots, so has to be removed before it
can be injected in the network, after that it looks just like any other
spot.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net