[CQ-Contest] remote use of Skimmer data

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] remote use of Skimmer data
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 07:47:18 -0400
Since Hal, N4GG posted his ingenious "what-if" yesterday, I have tried in
vain to think of a legitimate use for data derived via Telnet from a remote
CW Skimmer.  Barring evidence of such a use, or even evidence of
significant value to Unlimited class and multi-op stations, I'm inclined to
suggest a simple, blanket ban on use of such data, which to me is
tantamount to the use of a remote receiver anyway.

Meantime, if you want to know what Skimmers in other areas are hearing,
check out http://skimmer.dxwatch.com .  Better yet, get on the site, and
call CQ - to see if *you're* being heard in Europe or elsewhere.

73, Pete N4ZR