Re: [CQ-Contest] Eliminate SO Unassisted?

To: "'Doug Renwick'" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, <dieven@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Eliminate SO Unassisted?
From: "Mike Fatchett W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:06:35 -0600
It would seem to me that most of our technology is purchased. Most no longer
design their own radios, antennas etc...

Skimmer is not going to make an SSB op a top CW finisher.  It might help him
and it might bring more people into cw contesting which is a good thing.

Skimmer is nearly undetectable IMHO.  Smart ops will not get caught using
packet either.

Why create rules that are nearly impossible to enforce or prove?