Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Triple Play Award

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Triple Play Award
From: "Chris Plumblee" <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:43:19 -0400
I was intrigued by this award as well when I saw it in the ARRL
Letter. I'd say whoever gets certificate No. 1 will have to beg quite
a bit, but lots of people will get it through regular contest
operating. With only 5,874 QSOs uploaded in part-time contesting on
all modes (since early 2006 when I got this call), I need 5 states on
CW, 2 on RTTY and 3 on phone. I can see a lot of regular contesters
becoming eligible for it in one contest season with a little luck.

Work the summer NAQP in all three modes, then work CQWW RTTY, both
modes of SS, and maybe the 160m and 10m contests. If you need a few
more on RTTY go through January and work the RTTY Roundup. Decent ops
will easily exceed my measly QSO total in the fall season, and with a
little luck you'll have the confirmations you need shortly thereafter.
It's an interesting award. I'm usually not an award chaser but I might
apply for this one when I qualify.

73,
Chris WF3C
Orlando, FL