[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:17:39 -0400
A review of the results on the Members Only part of the ARRL website
suggests to me that the multi op DX and top 10 DX tables may have been
removed from the magazine portion of the article where one would expect
to see them and put only on-line, apparently in an effort to save more
magazine pages for non-contest purposes.   It would be interesting to
know if Ward included these tables and any discussion of DX multi-op
scores in submitting his proposed article to QST.  Speaking as one who
has travelled to PJ4 for ARRL DX CW in two of the past three years, my
incentive to do so is greatly diminished if the only mention I will get
in QST if I win for the world or for South America is the listing that I
won a plaque.  The Top Ten DX tables and a discussion of multi-op DX
contester achievements should always be a part of the QST manazine write
up.

Having said that, I have looked in vain at www.arrl.org/contests for the
Top Ten tables that are supposedly available in the "expanded Web
version of this article."  Can anybody tell me where these promised
tables can be viewed?  OK, now I see that for contests that happened
earlier, there is another line called "web report."  That "web report"
is apparently not yet availale for 2008 ARRL DX Phone.

73, John, K4BAI.