Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:04:52 -0600
George Fremin III wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:23:50PM -0400, ku8e wrote:
>
> If you have looked at a QST in the last 4 or 6 months or so you will
> surely notice that there is now an entire section - several pages that
> has been set aside for "Radiosport" coverage.  This is a great thing.

Let's look carefully at August QST contest coverage....

- 1 page "This Month in Contesting". This is new, compared to a year ago.
Thanks, Sean.
- 1 page "Contest Corral". 1/2 fewer pages than a year ago.
- 4 pages "ARRL DX CW Results". No net change.
- 1.5 pages announcing three ARRL-sponsored contests. No net change.

So, we have a net increase of 1/2 page in contest coverage. I'm not real
impressed.

73,
Steve, N2IC