Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?

To: "'CQ-Contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:23:46 -0400
Umm...Sorry, but Skimmer has pretty much invalidated that.  Every single
"secret" path, hidden skew opening, and long path route is now or will soon
be fully open to exploitation and discovery because skimmer databases log
and store everything.

You can do substantial offline research just using DXSummit logs.  Skimmer
will only supplement.

In any event, I find it downright laughable that people are complaining
about keeping logs private when making ANY QSO, by definition, requires the
transmission of unencrypted radio signals over publicly available, publicly
provided airwaves.

What happens when a SWL records your contacts?  Are you going to sue him for
breach of copyright?

73 Rich NN3W