Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Cheaters, Logs & Self-Policing

To: "n6nz@arrl.net" <n6nz@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Cheaters, Logs & Self-Policing
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:52:32 -0700
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:42:22 -0700, Dave N6NZ wrote:

>People that want to see this traffic are subscribed to cq-contest,
>people that specifically *don't* want to see this traffic made a choice
>to *not* subscribe to cq-contest.

Not only that, I was DISGUSTED by the posts that came into my box in the
thread about somebody's score not being mentioned in QST, and how many
thousands of dollars he had SPENT to achieve a big score. If you think
contesting is about getting mentioned in the writeup, you've got a serious
ego problem. Contesting (and ham radio) is about becoming a better
operator, learning more about the science of it, and having FUN!  Those
doing the bitching might better spend their dollars on a shrink.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC