Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Cheaters, Logs & Self-Policing

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Cheaters, Logs & Self-Policing
From: Dave N6NZ <n6nz@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:42:22 -0700
Here's a clue for you guys...

I *know* about the existence of cq-contest, I was a subscriber for
years.  It revived my interest in contesting, in fact.  It brought me
into the NCCC.  Yet, I am not currently a subscriber -- I don't want
extra traffic in my in box.

People that want to see this traffic are subscribed to cq-contest,
people that specifically *don't* want to see this traffic made a choice
to *not* subscribe to cq-contest.

Cross-posting is simply rude.  It is like transmitting two signals
simultaneously in a contest.  It is like deliberate QRM.  People that
are subscribe to both lists now see these messages twice, which is
pointless and annoying.  People that don't want to see them at all see
them once, which is pointless and annoying.

Please stop cross-posting -- cq-contest discussions should in most cases
stay on cq-contest.  At most, a *single* post to the nccc reflector to
make nccc-only subscribers aware of a thread on cq-contest that directly
impacts the nccc may be appropriate.  Interested parties can go to
cq-contest to join the discussion.

73, Dave N6NZ