Re: [CQ-Contest] Does anyone prefer virtual contests to real ones?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Fabian Kurz <mail@fkurz.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Does anyone prefer virtual contests to real ones?
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 05:47:29 -0700 (PDT)
Well said Fabian!

I get a kick out of running across contesting friends and listening to them run
(or not as the case may be), knowing that they may be running new equipment or
antennas or just that they've been stressed out at work and are now focused on
something possibly more fun.

There's something to to watching your antennas deformed into U shapes by wind
or ice, or hitting an unexpected opening, or maintaining motivation during the
drag times that sets on the air contesting apart.

That being said, it's just as great that there are options to play off the air
as well. Choice is good.

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas