[CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday August 23

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday August 23
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:44:22 EDT
Coming up next on the contest calendar is  the Ohio QSO Party, this coming
Saturday, August 23, from 1600z to 0400z August  24 (noon to midnight EDT). OQP
is sponsored by the Mad River Radio  Club.

With there being five weekends in August this year, we are blessed  with a
weekend largely to ourselves, sharing only with the Hawaii QSO  Party.  Not
RTTY
contests, no European contests, no VHF contests. Those  come the following
weekend.

For you skimmer fans out there, here is your  opportunity to test things
under real contest conditions.  OQP already  allows packet for single ops, so
adding a skimmer into the mix is no  problem.  20 KHz of bandwidth will cover
99%
of the CW activity, so there  will be less of a processing requirement.  See
how well you (or your  skimmer) can find those usually weak mobiles stations as
they move from county  to county.

A note for the left coasters:  we now award a plaque to  the top station in
the Mountain or Pacific time zones. So being out of range for  the daytime 40
meter activity will not leave you out in the cold for one of our  beautiful
plaques.

Visitors to Ohio are welcome! If you are anywhere  close by, drive on over
and do a mobile or rover effort.

Full info is  available at     www.oqp.us

See you  Saturday!

73  -   Jim   K8MR