[CQ-Contest] Getting Ready - Worked All Europe DX Contest SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Getting Ready - Worked All Europe DX Contest SSB
From: "Joerg Puchstein" <joerg@dl8wpx.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:04:15 +0200
Dear fellow contesters,

Next weekend, September 13/14th, the 54th season of the Worked All Europe DX
Contest is going to continue with the Phone event. The official rules and much
more information can be found in the Internet: http://waedc.de .

In 2008 we also commemorate the 60th anniversary of the "Worked All Europe"
award. A WAE60 Marathon is under way since August (WAE DX Contest CW) which
finally comes to an end now with the WAE DX Contest SSB next weekend. Please
visit http://wae60.de where you can find much more information.

Please be once again aware that in the context of this WAE60 Marathon Europeans
might be interested to work other Europeans too, which is unusual for the WAE
DX CW and SSB contests. These EU-EU QSOs are fully legal, of course, and
can/should be present in the WAEDC contest logs as well. While they will not
count as points for the contest score, they won't hurt either and will
certainly count for the special WAE60 award. Thus, if you are an European and
another European is calling you during the contest, don't get angry this time -
just work and log him and after a few seconds he is gone again.

Finally I hope to meet you on the bands during the contest.

Enjoy and be ready for the famous QTCs!

Best 73

de Joerg, DL8WPX
WAE DX Contest Manager