Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is better without packet

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is better without packet
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:05:52 -0600 (CST)
Hi Tree,

I did the entire time I put in on CW SS without packet, mostly by S&P.
Missed out on NL and NT although I did spend an hour on Sunday morning
trying to bust a pileup on a VO1 on 20m. Didn't get through.

The other section I missed was EWA, which evidently was missed by a lot of
other people even though there were several active.

Toward the end of SS in particular, anyone who gets on to "hand out some
points" gets a pileup.  I heard a huge pileup on a weak station on 40 on
Sunday an hour before the contest was over.  It was a station in EPA.

Never heard a peep on 15 meters at all here. The band sounded totally
dead.

73, Zack W9SZ