Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is better without packet

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is better without packet
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:02:17 -0600
On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 09:56:02AM -0800, Tree wrote:
> Ah - the good old days...

I could not agree more with the subject line.

I remember about 5-6 years ago, several M/2 stations tried
to convince each other to operate the contest without packet.
There was one hold out. The reason cited was that his team
had worked hard to use packet effectively, and therefore they
wouldn't give it up.

That same year (I think it was 2002) N2RM won the ARRL DX CW
M/2 category without packet. The W4AN team was impressed.

Too bad that idea didn't catch on; it might have started
a great trend. It's never too late to start...

73

-Kirk  K4RO