[CQ-Contest] ND and VE4 in one QSO

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ND and VE4 in one QSO
From: Bill and Cindy <wb0o@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:23:37 -0800 (PST)
It is actually very easy to operate legally in ND and MB at the same time!
There is a
park that straddles the international border, the International Peace Garden. I
lived
10 miles south of the park in ND for 20 years and contested as WB0O.

The Peace Gardens is a completely fenced-in area, one square mile on each side
of the border. The entrance/exit is exactly on the border, on the east side.
One can
enter the park without going through customs, but the lane leaving the park
divides
north or south and you then go through the appropriate customs for VE or W.

Once in the park, the international border is just a line on the ground. I
operated the
CW Sprint from the park in Sept 2003, I think I still hold the VE4 CW sprint
record.
I was only 30 feet north of the border, and had considered straddling the
border, but
couldn't figure out how to send the mult w/o confusing everyone.

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/3830/2003-September/081311.html

There is a great international hamfest there every year. Lot's of VE4's and ND
hams !!

Bill,  KO7AA  (WB0O) in Tucson