[CQ-Contest] Whiskey Two Papa Victor

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Whiskey Two Papa Victor
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:12:05 -0500
Coincidentally, just this week, the PBS show Globe Trekker featured a young
woman host climbing the Matterhorn, on the Swiss/Italian border.

I thought of Jim Lawson, W2PV, who, unless my memory has completely failed me,
climbed the Matterhorn in his 50s or maybe even early 60s.

Someone who knew Jim better than I (Hello Fred Lass, K2TR) could confirm this.
I never doubted it since Jim climbed his tall towers whenever necessary well
into middle age. He had a Telrex Big Bertha pole, the only one I've ever seen
in person.

Jim Cain, K1TN
Near Atlantic City