[CQ-Contest] The VOACAP mystic

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The VOACAP mystic
From: pat_f6irf <f6irf@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:10:41 +0000
Just to spot the last article of a long series published on my blog,
which shows the discrepancies that can be observed between VOACAP
predictions and real SNR measurements.
The measurements have been done using K1JT's WSPR which provides near to
the dB accuracy on SNR measurements.
A few DX pathes like 40m ZL/F (almost antipodal) have been studied over
a 3 weeks period, both at long and short path, which produces a quite
accurate "smoothed" curve, that can easily compared to the VOACAP output.
So not a real contest topic but I think "of interest" for a majority of
contesters...

To make reading easier, a summary is available at
http://f6irf.blogspot.com/2008/11/voacap-mystic-summary.html

Comments are welcome.
 Pat

 .