Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:04:08 -0500
On Nov 15, 2008, at 4:07 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:

> [...]

If an Op sends me his callsign during the initial contact, I already
have it, and agree it is not necessary to send it again. That isn't
all that much different from asking someone to send part of their
exchange that you didn't copy the first time they sent it. I'm not
going to expect a person to send me their entire exchange in the
correct order every time when all I need is one small part of it
repeated.

No need to get so rigid.

Now on the other hand, it seems that the requirement of a callsign as
part of the exchange in itself is kind of - well, goofy. You have to
have the correct call in the log in the first place, so does anyone
expect a different callsign during the exchange?

But then, I'm one of those odd folk that thinks the exchange should
mean something, not a endless repeating 599, or the something you
already have anyway. Gimme a serial number any day. Every exchange is
unique, no one else has the same exchange.

Which is to say, has any one ever had a call busted because s/he had a
"wrong" 599 or a exchange callsign that wasn't the log callsign? 8^)

-73 de Mike N3LI -