Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

To: "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange
From: "VE3MGY" <vy2mgy@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:07:16 -0500
From: "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>
To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:34 PM

> I didn't always log in the sequence anyway.  When doing S&P, to save time,
> I'd tune by a station, hear for instance "74 OK" and type that in.  Then
> I'd go back and type in the callsign when he called CQ and answer him if
> we hadn't worked.  Then I'd fill in the number and precedence.
>
> Did anyone else do that?
>
> 73, Zack W9SZ

Zack 'et al'

I certainly filled in whatever information I heard during an exchange while
S&P. This way I could easily determine if a station I was listening to was a
dupe and then move on without wasting his/her time and mine. If it wasn't a
dupe then when we worked I just followed my exchange as I tabbed through the
fields to fill or correct any information I already had.

I highly suspect alot of people did this to me Sunday afternoon when I was
running a pileup on 40M as I very rarely had a repeat for my info in three
hours of running.

FYI: As per the current thread, Yes, I gave my callsign everytime during the
exchange, and at the end of every QSO. According to what my rate meter was
telling me [ 160/hr -180/hr ] this did not slow things down very much.

73
Brian
VE3MGY