Re: [CQ-Contest] Vote now!!

To: <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Vote now!!
From: Denis Pochuev - K7GK <k7gk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:50:30 -0800
This discussion about the call inside the SS exchange, in my mind, has broader
implications, particularly for a certain upcoming big contest.

I unconsciously appreciated hearing my call in the exchange sent to me by the
S&P station during Sweepstakes, but now I know why. It's a selfless act of
sacrificing caller's own rate, admittedly slightly, for the sake of the
accuracy of the CQ-ing station. Maybe my moral compass is off, but I view
omitting the callsign from the exchange as the opposite action - selfish act of
increasing your own rate, albeit slightly, at the expense of the possible
confusion of the caller. Moreover, hearing ENN, A4, VV in the CQWW exchange
makes me think the same. Unfortunately, ginnie is already out of the bottle,
and things like ENN are pretty much a standard.

I vote - 5NN 3.

73, Denis - K7GK