Re: [CQ-Contest] Vote now!!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Vote now!!
From: Bill Feidt <bill@ng3k.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:58:40 -0500
Tree wrote:

[...]

> One change I have noted from some contest ops - most notably N6RO - is that
> they are taking the time to send the callsign of the station they are working
> when they are giving their "search and pounce exchange".

[...]

Interesting problem for the S&P op.  If I remember correctly this issue was
gnawed upon a year or three back with strong opinions expressed on both sides.
My immediate reaction is to say, yes, the S&Per should give the call sign of
the
running station prior to giving the exchange.

But, suppose WP3R is working through a huge pileup that takes up 5 kHz on
either
side of his run frequency.  Should I observe this protocol anyway?  In this
case, the likelihood that I'm actually responding to someone else is pretty low.

So, should we do it always or should we make situational judgments?

73,

Bill/NG3K