Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting Errors

To: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>, "K0HB" <K0HB@ARRL.ORG>, "Bob Schreibmaier" <k3ph@ptd.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting Errors
From: "Andy Faber" <andrewfaber@ymail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:51:14 -0000
Robert,
  That strategy would be a last resort these days in CQWW due to the crowded
bands.  Usually the situation clears itself up in a few minutes.  But one
reason that it could be a good idea is that actually when you get
mis-spotted, then there is a double whammy, because a station that isn't a
dupe now may have you with the wrong callsign, thus setting up a potential
future dupe, hi.
  There is probably no good answer.  But I do get annoyed when the station
duping you is a big gun who should be listening to you before making blind
calls.
  73, andy, ae6y