Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting Errors

To: Andy Faber <andrewfaber@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting Errors
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 17:52:36 -0500
Andy Faber wrote:
> You think you had problems?  I was spotted, I think, 7 times as P40Y and
> twice as PV9Y.  I ended up logging 160 dupes, though sometimes I was so
> angry that I put on my QSO B4 message instead.  It's very frustrating,
> particularly when you send your call after virtually every contact.  And it
> does impact my score, not to mention all those who will get Not in Log
> deductions.
>   73, andy, ae6y, p49y

I noticed two stations who had the sense enough to QSY after realizing
they had been spotted with a busted call.  That's about the only
recourse a station has.

This weekend seemed especially bad.  I think 5K0T got spotted more often
as HK0T than their correct call!  We should ban S, H and 5 from all
contest calls ;-)

Mike, W1NR