Re: [CQ-Contest] Signal report

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Signal report
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:13:16 -0600
Heh heh heh... Jim I think you found the root of the problem! Wasting time.
But in case a contester insists he must turn his radio on, then we need to
take Paul's calculation a step further. There's an insidious evil lurking in
the data he presented. We need to make our contests more "Green", you know
environmentally friendly. Here's what I mean...

Paul has calculated the amount of transmitting time consumed by useless
information. Now multiply that by thousands of contesters over the weekends
during each year. Next, calculate the power needed. Consider all the wasted
energy consumed by those transmitters, amplifiers, and receivers while
exchanging useless information.

So eliminating the 5NN or 5xN or whatever signal reports would be a step
forward in making the Radiosport more ecologically acceptable. More "Green",
if you will. Imagine the piles of coal that would be saved by the utility
companies because they won't need to generate this extra power. And
eliminating the extra CO2 emissions from the power plants will be our way of
helping combat "Global Warming".

Yeah, this is the clear evidence we need to present to the contest sponsors.
They need to eliminate the exchange of signal reports to help save the
planet.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

</humor>