Re: [CQ-Contest] Custom Earbuds for Contesting Query

To: wc1m@msn.com,"'Dennis Vernacchia'" <n6ki73@gmail.com>, "'CQ-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Custom Earbuds for Contesting Query
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 07:06:08 -0500
I *think* there may be a simpler solution - ages ago, a friend suggested
that I put a 2 uf capacitor across the audio output of my TS-930 to roll
off the highs when using a pair of stereo headphones.  I tried that and it
worked fine, but I recall a warning I read somewhere that putting
capacitance across the output of some solid state audio amps can damage
them.  For that reason, don't take my word alone - hopefully someone on
this reflector can comment authoritatively.

73, Pete N4ZR