[CQ-Contest] pulic logs - I agree w/K1AR

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] pulic logs - I agree w/K1AR
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 18:29:36 +0000 (GMT)
Yes, this HAS been beaten to death.  (caps for emphasis, not yelling)

The earliest comment I can find in the archive is from 1994:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/1994-10/msg00068.html

A "good" posting is from Dick Norton dated "way back when" where Dick states
some opinions
and cites an article on OPEN LOGS in March/April NCJ 1991.
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/1994-10/msg00077.html

More recently---
>From 2008, this was beaten to death again in March and end of August -
>Beginning of Sept.

In case you missed it, here was my contribution back then:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2008-03/msg00041.html

OF NOTE,

1.  Since my post cited above, ARRL has rescinded its opinion that QSOs from
public logs
won't be accepted for DXCC credit.  Nice.

2.  The comment about "Hans" in the cited post was applicable back then, not
now.

Maybe the list moderators could limit the certain categories of posts to "once
a year?"
a.  open logs
b.  cut numbers
c.  stealing my frequency or other "rude" behavior
d.  lots of the others.....

MX es HNY!
de Doug KR2Q